View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2004
Disciple

iwasscammed is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by murasame
What are you talking about? Go to your bank and stop whatever transaction immediately. Then, go to www.limewire.com and download either the free version or the Pro version (around 20$ for download). They don't have adware/spyware.
That site is selling something that isn't theirs. As someone (I think et voilą) said, it's as if you just gave them free money: the software isn't theirs.
1) The basic version does say it has ad-ware in it.

2) It was a visa transaction, it's already gone - I called them up but they said I need to wait until a few days (probably before it REALLY clears I bet) before I can report it as fraud. That's my question, is it worth the effort.

3) I already have the free version now. I could choose to download the PRO version also. My point is, I did not in particular, want to buy a product as such. It was recommended so on that basis I chose to support and donate to limewire and the money went elsewhere. Call me thick whatever, but without being familiar with limewire it's seems pretty easy to be mistaken with a web page which practically is claiming to be part of the limewire community.

Put it another way, instead of me being ripped off you could also say the people directly involved with limewire were conned from this scammer.