View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2004
Devotee

Cobra8007 is flying high

Please don't take my comment about "assumption" wrong. I meant no disrespect. It is very frustrating for I have been working on this problem for over four months. Many of the good people on this forum have exhausted a lot of time trying to resolve it with me, including Leeware.

I did ask for support from Limwire and their response was that there was only one of them on the support line and would be of no help with this issue.

As I mentioned before, every suggestion on this forum has been followed and verified. Extreme measures have been taken to completely isolate the system to run direct with the cable company (no firewalls, no antivirus, no ICF, etc.) and multiple systems ( I have 5). The cable company assures me they are not blocking in any way. Especially since I am paying a premium for a premium line.

Changing the operating system alone will cause it to work fine. Even with the exact same configuration. Building a new XPPRO system from scratch with the only additional software are those required to run Limewire still results in failure.

Version 4.07(?) or close to it, worked fine on XPPRO for me. I upgraded to 4.18(?) and the problem started. Reverting back to the first version didn't correct the problem.

I don't know what else to say. I switched all five systems to Win2003Server now which is what I really needed to do anyway (despite Limewire) so I am not experiencing the problem anymore. But I do feel for those who are going thru what I did.