View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2005
What'sWithTheBanned??????

Lindyloo is flying high
Thumbs up

Hello there Murasame,

I've been looking at you posts about configuring LW. They have been very helpful up to a point (not your fault though, I'm just having a few probs with somethings) Wondered if you could help.

#1. maximum simultaneous d/loads:- I set this at 5. Mixing it up with maximum d/loads you can perform. (Any ideas how many I should start with. I know you say to play about, lather rinse as required but even some audio files are messing about at 4 - 6 kB/s, it used to be quicker until I started tweaking stuff....lol)

#2. Bits and bytes arggghhh!!! (Really got lost when you and Morgwen started discussing the difference between the 2 and decimal and binaries ) I managed to do my upload speed as per your instructions 256/8 =32-5-27kb/s. But obvioulsly I can't do this with download cos that would end up 59. I'm really sorry but I'm getting to thinking if I can't get one of these things right I'll never get any of them right.

Please don't think that I've came straight here and couldn't even be bothered to read any stuff cos I haven't (I saw you said that to musicguy2005 so that proves I've been reading....lol.....)

I know I shouldn't set the max simultaneous d/loads straight to 100 but is it ok to start with more that 5??

Thanks very much for all your help,

Lindy