View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2005
Apprentice

spookydd is flying high

There was a time recently when I didn't have quite as much free space on the boot drive, there might've been some times when the free space was running a little low and caused extra crashes.
On some occasions, lw had grabbed well over 5gigs of vm. I keep it under 2gigs, I restart it to avoid crashes.
I disabled ultrapeer several weeks ago, which reduces the total vm consumption but doesn't prevent the inevitable. I also turned off all tabs, besides the search one of course.
I always have the auto-clear on and I don't keep on hand any search results.
I don't even run many searches anyway.
Which brings one point that's been bugging me too, there are so many times when it takes a new search to "hit" on a result that will cause an existing transfer to find a source and resume. Many times, the resuming on a transfer doesn't work and it can't find any sources, when the sources are actually there because a search that hits on them will force them found and restart the transfer. That's a pain, lw should more pro-actively seek out the sources instead of sitting there saying "need new sources" and doing nothing about it.
I can't be deleting old incompletes, even if they're several months old. I do keep them in small numbers though, but what I'm getting isn't popular stuff, it's much too rare and only one or sometimes two sources on modems have it, so if I delete them, I won't find them again easily.
I'm not sharing that many files anyway, I'll reduce that number a bit, but I doubt it'll make that much difference, the symptoms remain.