Thread: 4.8
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Not following directly on from the discussion but some points Stief made: in our country you're innocent until proven guilty which I believe is the opposite to USA (& apparently Canada.)
We cannot legally copy material from websites unless we have the permission of the said owners of the site/designer. Whereas it is legal in USA. huh!? I'm not aware of any copyright restrictions re: photos of public places (or private for that matter.) However there are other rules that apply such as trespass, harrassment, etc.

How this applies to p2p or to LW I'm not sure! lol! Sorry! p2p has not been a big subject here other than some university idiots & an idiot in Sydney who copped it for Kazaa & breach of ... but them's the exceptions who added that one too many gold cards to their stack before it came tumblin' ...

I don't know the complete stories so I'm just making some very small points for locals. We hope the EU doesn't step foot here! They need to go thru quarantine 1st; we don't need their rabies or mad cow, etc.