View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2005
Apprentice

AlfyMBohm is flying high
Default GeForce ForceWare v.71.84 Major Display Issue

I have already sent a bug report to Gnutella but I wanted community feedback too. I searched and browsed the forums and found similar issues either still to be resolved or resolved thanks to something I've already tried... Cheers in advance for the help: here is the text of the bug report...
Quote:
"Dear Gnutella,

Your P2P software, LimeWire, seems to be incompatible with the GeForce drivers in question. I was using the free version of LimeWire v.4.8.1, though that shouldn't affect compatibility, and after successfully installing the new ForceWare drivers and rebooting the computer (NB: after I had installed these drivers, I didn't immediately reboot, and LimeWire kept running normally) when trying to run LimeWire the screen went black at first with only the LimeWire "loading" frame appearing; then the LimeWire window popped up but all that was visible was the standard Windows 2000 top frame saying "LimeWire: enabling... etc." the progress bar and data of an old download that now continued and the (blank) Upgrade window with a sporadically rotating LimeWire icon.

I run an Intel Pentium 4 3.6Ghz CPU on a compatible Intel motherboard. I also use the P2P client DC++ (previously LimeWire kept asking me, seemingly after I had run DC++, if I wanted to make LimeWire my default magnet link handler, to which I replied on occasion yes, on occasion no, without any visible difference in effect).

I have given all possible information (I hope) that may be useful to solving the problem, and will be posting it on the forums too.

In the hope that you may help,

Yours Truly,

Alfredo"