View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2005
Apprentice

padraic is flying high

first of all, thank you so much for helping so many people with this post. i too, am AMAZED at how patient you have been answering so many questions, many the same question over and over again. you are truly a zen master.

now...if you have any patience left, i humbly seek some some of your sage advice. i have been up all night intensely studying this entire thread, and i have taken all the steps herein, but i have not gotten any improvement. limewire was working wonderfully for several months (50-80kB/s dwnlds) until last month when my comp crashed, i bought this new compaq last week (256ddr ram, AMD3000, comcast cable connection), connection bandwidth test: avg dwnld 1729kb/s= 216kB/s, avg upld 47kb/s= 6kB/s. i have norton firewall turned OFF, I'm assuming the low upld rate is because of comcast (from what i read earlier) i guess.

i have downloaded a file that has hundreds of hosts. i usually get about 6 hosts for the file at about 3,4,or,5kB/s. i have tinkered with the # of simutaneous downlds (from 3-40), i've adjusted the dwnld meter all the way up and down the spectrum. with the uploads, i have never had anyone upload from me, but i have adjusted that every way i can also.

right now i have it set as follows
#of simu dwnlds = 20 dwnld bandwdth = unlimited
max uplds per person= 3 upld slots= 8 upld bandwth=10.94 lowest it will go

i notice in bug report it says received incoming this session: false (i don't know if this affects my downloads or not.....i'm not concerned with uploads at all right now, i only have 10 files....i just want to get downloads right)....

i wanted to copy my bug report and paste but it won't let me but it says connection speed= 350

is there anything that i can do.....certainly there is some way i can get better download speed than 4kB/s...limewire is the only reason i pay for cable intrnt connection

i apologize for the long post but i wanted to give all the factors... i really need help here....i have been struggling with this all week

anyone who can help me get this working right i will send you $20

PLEASE HELP......thank you