View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2005
Disciple

Comrade Fidel is flying high
Default Download Issues / 2.4.2.86

Using 2.4.2.86, I have a problem with downloads. Sometimes, I will have selected a number of files to download from a search, and these will apear in the download tab. Phex will download the first two or three, then stop downloading.

The remaining files have the status waiting for the file, and for all candidates. It does not appear Phex is making any attempt to download these files.

I can try removing candidates, clicking Retry Candidate, whatever, no go. From this point, Phex will not download any more files, even if I completely remove all downloads from the download screen, make a new search, and click to download some new files. The only way to make it download again is to completely exit Phex and start it again.

What can be done about this? Anyone else seen this behaviour?

My setup:

Phex 2.4.2.86
Windows 2000 SP4
Norton Antivirus 2003
ZoneAlarm 5.5.094.000
Java 1.5.0_02-b09
P-IV @ 3 GHz, 1 GB RAM
Plenty of disk space

I've been using Phex for over a year now. This is the first version I've encountered this problem. Was previously using 2.2.2.x.

Also, this version of Phex routinely uses 100% of CPU so I have to sets its priority to "below normal" in task manager so that I can retain some use of my PC while it runs.

I get the feeling something is amiss with this version.

Cheers,
Fidel