View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2005
Severance

Exclamation Severe bug in beta 4.9.1

Here's a doozy. "Error: Filesystem error. Could not set file location due to an error in the filesystem." Windows XP home SP2, filesystem is working perfectly as far as any other applications are concerned, gigs of free disk space and the file I went to download was only tens or hundreds of K ... in short, there's no rational explanation for this error.

This never happened before and I've used limewire for years. It must be the beta.

On top of that, there's another serious bug that completely prevents me from downloading these files even using an alternate name -- the file browser will not navigate to subfolders of Limewire's own folder. It comes up in My Documents instead of the download directory, and when I try to navigate to the latter, I get to Program Files, double click Limewire, and it consistently just redraws the list of folders in Program Files. There's no way to get to Limewire\Shared! It simply isn't possible!

I know this is a beta, but don't they at least do some alpha testing to eliminate blatant showstoppers like this before releasing a beta? Sheesh!