View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2005
Novicius

qbertprime is flying high
Default Limewire Listen on Port and Manual Port Forward

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of the Rings
Here's the new settings for Port Forwarding & forcing ip. If your router does not support Universal Plug 'n Play (UPnP), then you can manually set the force ip. (NOTE!: This Force IP is now refered to as Manual Port Forward & NOT Force IP so it's a much more appropriate name for the function!) (Windows equivalent image click here) See image below.
Hi Lord of the Rings!

I've just been getting confused about the two settings on the image you posted. Are the 'Listen on Port' and 'Manual Port Forward' always going to be the same? Why would they ever be different?

Also, Limewire up to this point has been working fine with uPnP, but I just discovered I never enabled it in the firmware of my Linksys BEFSX41 router! How can that be?

Finally, should I go ahead and enable uPnP in the router's firmware, and check it in Limewire, (and if so should I leave the 'Listen on Port' at my 5xxxx choice and keep it forwarded in the router's firmware?) And finally (I mean it this time), does Limewire need both TCP and UDP or just one (which one)?

Thanks so much for your time and I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here...