View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2005
Apprentice

ShojiC is flying high
Default LIMEWIRE DEFINITELY NEEDS THESE 2 FEATURES

These spammers are really annoying and ruin the network. I don't know how hard it would be to incorporate, but there are two features that woulf fix all this:

1) There should be a "<, <=, >, >= File Size Filter". This way if you are looking for a 1GB file, you don't get 300 search results for a 36.4Kb FREE IPOD file, because you would have the option to search for a file that is >= 800MB. Conversely, you could download that 5MB song and NOT download that 20MB.mp3 of Silence.

2) Secondly, we shouldn't have to block by host IP's. That can block GOOD users who have been victim of bad files. It also doesn't work, because for every one bad IP blocked there's 100 in line to pick up the slack. So the solution is that when search results come back and we KNOW it's a bogus file already (like those lame S_P_A_M files) we should just be able to block results for those exact files altogether. Right click on the result, and say BLOCK THIS FILE FOR THIS SEARCH. Limewire should just ignore any future results and move on to the real file that is out there.

Thank you for your work Limewire. I would purchase PRO if I had money and definitely would sell some blood if it had these features. Without these 2 features, spammers and the RIAA have ruined Limewire.