View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2005
Enthusiast

kmag is flying high
Default Re: Lots of Errors

Quote:
Originally posted by minibamskater
way to many bugs LW telling me I dont have a firewall it telling me when I ahev a Zone Alram it have to update to a new verison but there no updated verson than 4.9.20. It lagging way to much u have 2 fixed it sum how.
The "firewall" detection is really giving you feedback as to if you should adjust firewall settings to improve LW's performance. The firewall test really detects if something is hurting LW's performance by blocking incomming connections. If you've configured your personal firewall (or dedicated firewall/ISP firewall/NAT box) so that LW can receive incomming connections, then LW is able to run more efficiently and isn't affected by your firewall. In this case, the display indicates that LW isn't slowed by a firewall.

When you say "It lagging way to much u have 2 fixed it sum how", do you mean that you're experiencing high network (message) latency while runnxng LW and a networked game concurrently? If this is the case, you can go into the LW preferences and limit LW's upload and downlod bandwidth usage.