View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough
Default 4.9.24 so far so good

I have been running 4.9.24 for about 13 hrs now no major issues other than my own mistakes.
I have been running as a UP after I finally got port forwarding to work I do not know why it went Arri when I installed 4.9.24 but for some reason it did. Currently have 32 peers/ 17 levees connected. Search results good DL good 550+ 17 simultaneous DL all completed on first search and 3 only had 1 source showing on search but connected to 2 sources. Only 1 corrupt file.
Just curious I have read that the corrupt file issue has to do with the way that LW writes the file to disc. Is it possible that the reason fore this is that LW tries to write faster than the CPU can write them to disc. The reason I am thinking this is because normally when I am not testing and being a hog I never see a corrupt file message since I installed the 2 Fujitsu SCSI ultra 320 in 0-raid. Before I installed them I would get the message occasionally.
Any way memory usage 77MB not bad bus lesser machines may still have problems with that amount. Still haven't tested in Leaf mode so I don't know what that is going t be yet.
I think I am going to switch over to XP 64 for a while and do some testing on the corrupt file thing since 64 is about 20% at writing to disc than XP.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa