View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2005
On Holiday

Only A Hobo is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

This thread should help, http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...threadid=34057

This I hope you'll find useful too:

EDITED SINCE 1ST POST Thanks to Lord of the Rings for putting me straight on a few points

To all uploaders and downloaders of Albumwrap(ALBW) which is a single downloadable file similar to an mp3 , but which cannot be played, as is, (except, afaik with Real Player) but must have the smaller files in it "unwrapped", there are a few things that I have noticed and these are so far. these:

1/. Albumwraps cannot usually be previewed prior to unwrapping except with afaik Real Player. If you try to preview one with iTunes and you find you can the album is almost always just a complete album on 1 mp3 and not wrapped.

2/. Check the file size of an ALBW as there are many out there of 4 or 5 megabites, which are either incomplete or tracks off ALBWs that some one has missnamed.

3/. ALBWs can be unwrapped using a free extractor: -google to obtain one from Albumwrap (which will unwrap your chosen selection of tracks and with which selected tracks can be previewed) or "AlbumExtractorX" from http://alex.primafila.net/albumextractorx
If you wish to make albumwraps you must obtain, for a fee, the software... Google as above.

4/. There are those who upload complete albums and possibly have seen ALBW on albums and think it includes all single file albums and entitle their upload ALBW (Please PLEASE don't)

5/. If you are making an ALBW please ensure that each track has, when listed in ALBW, at the very least a different number.
>6/. If you try to extract all or some of the files from an ALBW and all have exactly the same name, the Albumwrap extractor will only extract one track. You must rename each track in the extractor by adding individual track numbers and then they will extract easily and all at once, and the information on the id3 tags will then be visible.

However the AlbumextractorX will generally show the proper titles of the songs and is thus an improvement. It has 2 drawbacks one is that the menu features are in Italian which is not much of a problem, and the tracks cannot be extracted individually, however it does not take long to extract all the tracks and you can easily delete those you do not want.

I haven't tried to make ALBWs yet so I don't know the features from that point of view.

Notes"

I am writing this from a Mac OSX perspective, and differences may exist for Windows.

I do not have the Limewire player enabled, and I do not know if it is possible to preview or play complete ALBW albums using the LW player

I believe there is another unwrapper which apparently unwraps "problem" albums but this is only made for Windows.

More on the subject can be found googling for such titles as mp3wrap moosewrap trackwrapper and mp3directcut [for editing]