View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2005
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Thumbs up Installing LimeWire for Jaguar

This issue was originally sent to me via pm by Wrinkly. I felt it was worth documenting it for other Jaguar users.

wrinkly: "I installed LW 4.8 and LW 4.9, but when I tried to launch them, I got an error message stating that this version of LW uses Java 1.4.1, and my system has only Java 1.3.1. So I guess I need a LW version compatible with Java 1.3.1.

Any suggestions?"

Lotr: (edited) "Update your Java to 1.4.1 for Jaguar: Java 1.4.1 Update 1 for Mac OS X: Information and Download

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...formacosx.html

(the next 2 responses were almost simultaneous: )

Stief: "He should be using 10.2.8, rather than 10.2.1, especially on a G4.

I'd suggest using the standalone installer to get his system up to 10.2.8 (or 10.2.9, depending on the machine, IIRC) first. Here's the link for the 97 mb standalone installer Apple - Support - Downloads - Mac OS X Update Combo 10.2.8 "

philippe99: "The Java 1.4.1 is for Jaguar 10.2.6 at least, so I would not install on 10.2.1, as he stated to have on his machine

To have Java 1.3.1 is possible within Jaguar, mainly for those who jump from Puma 10.1 to Jaguar by an upgarde disc

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; July 8th, 2007 at 12:57 AM.