View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2005
Valued Member contributor

Grandpa will become famous soon enough
Default Problem Loading 4.10.0

I downloaded 4.10.0 to my hard drive then installed it as I normally do but this time I got a error message saying LimeWire had not installed properly but could recover and ask if I wanted to send a bug report,which I did.

I then restarted LimeWire it started slow but started connected fully did a search and when I marked a file as junk and hit the junk Icon LimeWire immediately closed. I tried to start LimeWire again and this time after the splash screen it came up with the fatal error message due to corrupt install. It then ask if I wanted to send a bug report which I did.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled and it has been fine ever since. I do not know if this is a problem with LimeWire or due to the fact that I just put a new AMD 64 X2 3800+ in my computer last night.

And being the person I am and can not be happy with anything stock of course I am overclocking hard at the moment trying to see what she will do. And she does quite well I might add. at 2.5Ghz I got the BSD but was running at 2.4Ghz and stable when I installed LimeWire had done a couple of burn in test and several benchmark test no problems. And by the way at 2.4 she will out benchmark a Intel Xeon duel core 3.4Mhz,(Love AMD)

Any way I do not know if this may be a bug or just the results of windows being unstable due to overclocking. If it is due to overclocking and windows being unstable then it is possible some of the post we are reading in the forum about people having trouble installing LimeWire might be due to this also.

java.com - Hot Games, Cool Apps

A little common sense goes a long way

Later Grandpa