View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Well if et voilą & Stief leave their system running 24+ hrs after downlding large & small files, ... then after a break do more searches .. perhaps some more junk filtering also ... & don't suffer the same java breakdown then it must be just my system. I thought I was doing well with Java 1.5 with an older LW version, but come 4.10 it seems a different story. Like the one I knew before the OSX upgrade if not worse. I didn't suffer internal errors before. Let alone inability to reconnect.

I guess I could trial out 4.10.0 again to see how Java 1.5 handles it compared to 1.4.2 in Panther. As documented in Jum's thread.

I don't run an imac. Is that the difference or is it the processor or general overall different mapology of newer G5's?

I don't mind beta testing if it's of any constructiveness for the proggies. But if I have a query, it would be helpful to me if I could get some type of answer. I don't know whether my reporting is constructive or just an ink blot on the page.

Ok perhaps I should delete my LW prefs, & change downld location to give it a total fresh approach. BTW how do we separate the section icons & figs at the bottom of the interface so we can know exactly how many files we're sharing? All I get is an ... as the sample image shows ... is that 37 tens or 3.7 thousands (or 370 k files)?
Attached Thumbnails
LimeWire 4.10.7 Beta-share.gif