View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2006
Deep & Wide

Deepend is flying high

Sleepless

In fact at this time i allow 30 slots total and 20 per person; neither limit has ever been hit to my knowledge but the max slots is automatically regulated by my bandwidth which i have set to max for DL & UL with dsl connection (i use cable/dsl cause i have an adsl line to be honest i don't know what T1 or T3 or Higher stand for; or how or if they apply to me but they don't seem to improve anything if i use them) the most i have ever seen in either direction has been 105kbs so i guess that is my limit i checked stats a few times and average was about 40kbs UL after being connected for a few hours in the monitor most UL's run between 5kbs and 12kbs but i have seen some hit 45kbs it's the same for DL's

It seems like nobody here really knows how these things work or how to optimize as the factors involved are vast and differ from P2P

So i have to use common sense until anyone can give a reasonable response to:

when downloading from a host my first slot would stop downloading even if the host hit a limit shouldn't i maintain my slot on that DL and understandably wait for busy host on the other requested DL? Especially while he is still downloading the 3 slots from me. Yea if they had interruptions at the same time i wouldn't be here looking for solutions but out of 150 - 200 uploads per day less than 20 don't complete. (most those 20 problably previewed the tracks and cancelled because they didn't like the music)

Those types of hosts (not just a host i can't browse as i realize their are lots of reasons this could happen) are gonna get filtered which i really wish i didn't have to do but until i get a logical response to this issue or LimeWire starts banning those who don't share (the later a much better option) that is the only way i can see keeping these****** out!!!

LimeWire should eliminate the option to limit upload slots and bandwidth manually and que UL's when each computer reaches it's limitations & require a min amount of files to be shared. Otherwise they leave the door open for freeloading Wankers If they did that they could eventually get rid of the kill upload & filter host options as well; and we could all be one Big Happy Family

Peace to those who Share