View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2006
Deep & Wide

Deepend is flying high

Only a Hobo

If your bandwidth is never reached why don't you allow more slots and more per person? It's the BW that regulates the drain on your PC so then it would be first come first serve and the speedy ones would get out clearing the way for other traffic. Can you imagine all the checkouts in a store limiting your items how would you feel about that?

Thanks for your imput as i really want to know if their are stingy hosts out there or just what i would consider faults in the system. If it is the later then i would never ban anyone but with the situation i have described here

(When downloading from a host my first DL slot would stop downloading; even if i hit the hosts limit shouldn't i maintain my slot on that DL and understandably get a (wait for busy host or upload limit reached) on the other requested DL? Especially while he is still downloading the 3 slots from me meaning he is still active)

it seems like certian hosts derail me when i try a second DL and i can't get back on with that host. These hosts are gonna get banned from me until someone here can give me a logical reason for this to happen. I hate rules and think banning is **** but freeloaders are ******* leeches who need a fire under their ***. Sorry but limitting your upload traffic by any other means than bandwidth seems a bit harsh and although not the same as being a leech it still demonstrates excessive control.

Something that puzzels me i never get a banned for being greedy message; but i have never used anything under 4.10 do the newer versions still send this message if you are banned?

stief

That would be a very cool feature Thanks i have voted and hope more do. Have you or could you dedicate a thread to that feature and try to get more involved

I have done speed 2 tests and they vary UL 200kbps/300kbps DL 800kbps/900kbps but i couldn't find any that worked in my country and i was connected to LW don't know if it makes a difference. To be honest speed isn't my real issue it's incomplete downloads that are winding me up.

Thanks