View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2006
Novicius

Kyle-r is flying high
Default Really slow downloads but fast internet connection

I have ran limewire on three different internet connections now and for some reason it is really slow with this connection. The first internet connection i had on this computer was telus ADSL and I could simultaniously download 10 songs at 20-40 Kbs easily. My second connection was telus 56k dialup and i could download 4 songs at 2-7 Kbs fairly easily. My new connection is personna cable rocket and is the fastest connection i have ran on my computer yet (for everything except for dnlding) and for some reason it downloads slower than my dialup connection did. I have already set up my firewall to allow limewire to bypass it and applied the TCPIP.sys patch. I even bought limewire pro to see if it downloads faster. Also I have a friend who has cable rocket too and their limewire downloads really fast, the only difference is that I am running an RCA cable modem and they are running a linksys. So I was just wondering a new modem would fix this problem or if there is something else I should try.