View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2006
Novicius

juliettebrandice is flying high

You may have found that article, and I found this one:

Description:
svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: svchost.exe is a process registered as a backdoor vulnerability which may be installed for malicious purposes by an attacker allowing access to your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. If unaccounted for, this process should be removed immediately.

Note: svchost.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

Note: svchost.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Service Host Process. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

So the moral to THIS story is, if it is causing problems, delete it. As I said, I have done it, and have been doing it for months everytime it comes back and have had no problems. Everytime you follow someones advice on here about removing this and deleting that you run many risks if you dont know the inner workings of a computer, but the bottom line is, if you want Limewire to stop taking over your computer, delete this file. It is, in MY history and MY history only, the only way I've been able to get it to stop.
What everyone on here does is up to them, and I guess the REAL moral to the story (if we are dealing with morals) is dont use programs to illegally download music and you wont have any problems.