View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2006
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I don't know why anybody who uses a mac would be interested in wma files as they are not very good & are intended for windows users. QuickTime can play them with Flip4Mac plug-in. If you want to play them in iTunes then see Add WMA files to iTunes.

Also VLC - (click on link) _ (choose nearest mirror site) can play WMA versions 1 & 2, & may be adding version 3 in upcoming releases. I'm aware of another mac program but it's a shareware.

99.9% of zip files are intended for windows OS, not Mac OS. Also, any zip less than 1,000 KB (1 MB) is most likely a virus & should be stayed clear of!!!
If they are proper zip files, stuffit expander should be able to open them. Otherwise there are free zip programs for OSX if you google for them. Besides, OSX can create & open zip files. Select the zip file, go to File menu, Open with & 1st option should be BOMArchiveHelper.

Mac HElp? How I can open zip and wma files on my iMac?-zip-osx-open-.gif