View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2006
Novicius

GreenDiode is flying high
Default "Invisible" Results

Using LimeWire 4.8.0 Pro; Java 1.5.0_09 (if relevant, also have J@SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9); Win XP (SP2); 1GB RAM; 112 GB Hard Drive; DSL connection (Quality says TurboCharged); sharing 170 files.

I've been using LimeWire for 2 or 3 years. Never used to have any trouble getting hundreds of results when searching for Audio files with keywords. These days, when I use a keyword or two, I'll see the search begin, and I'll see the number of results zoom up to several hundred before I hit the Stop button, but the only result that's actually displayed will be Xscape - I Will - R!ngt0nes [why does this Forum substitute asterisks for that word???] or something similar. I may also get the Limewire exe file and 9 Cents Music, but that's it. The Search tab will indicate two or three hundred results, but they do not show up in the Results window. I click to block the host (must admit I'm not sure what that means), but these R!ngt0nes and 9Cent folks must have a million DNS addresses and they have added every possible song title/keyword to their "shared" files.

What is going on? Are the results hidden because I have not upgraded to the latest version? Is it a spyware problem?

Thanks for any help/info.