View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2006
Apprentice

KillerMike is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings
So what happened with the magnet link? You said it started to downld. Did it stop or did you cancel it?

My guess is if you're getting a firewall with FW but not with LW, then they're both trying to access the same port in the same session. Change the listening port of one or the other. And even the connection port if possible. ie: temporarily turn UPnP off, change connection port & listening port to a high number. Then turn UPnP back on. I'm not sure if this will work but just a thought as an experiment. Since Upnp will tend to choose its own ports sometimes. You may need to restart the program for it to work. I'd suggest you do this for FrostWire since that's the one that's seeing the firewall.
The magnet link worked fine, it started to download but I canceled it. And thanks for the help so far, I'm gonna go try it out. Is there a certain number I should use for the listening port?

Okay, I just restored default on FW on now it shows no firewall, so now the only problem is I can't find any sources...

Last edited by KillerMike; November 26th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.