View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2006
Novicius

Kerry672 is flying high

Ugh, I was scammed just hours ago by MP3MusicHQ. I was at Google searching for Lime Wire to DL, and got a site that I assumed was Lime Wire. It gave me some kind of deal like free music downloads for .99 cents a month and I agreed. I put in my credit card information, downloaded some cheap **** excuse for a music system, and was on my way to being scammed. I tried to download some songs, but it wasn't working. I checked my bank account and they had charged me for like 30 bucks, plus 8.99 for some spam blocker I DID NOT sign up for. I then Googled the site because I got suspicious and found like 5 sites saying it was a scam. Let me just say how stupid I felt at that point. I found a few forums and topics with posts about how to call and deal with it and proceeded to do so.

This was one of the funniest phone calls I have ever had. The guy, first of all, sounded like he was sitting on his couch, munching on Doritos, watching Cat Woman. He had to spell out my email address in army lingo three separate times, and then claimed the system was down. I refused to get off the phone and mentioned the word "scam" and the system magically came back up. He then told me they would refund me money but they had to charge me a 9.95 fee. I had read a post on a different forum where they told a guy this, and he mentioned the FBI and they immediately took it back. That worked like a charm. I refused to pay the fee and he said "they" would refund my money. By "they" I am assuming he meant him and his lame **** buddy who make money off screwing people. Long story short, they said I’m getting a full refund in 8-10 business days. He then said "Anything else you would like to B**** about?" I laughed and said no, and hung up.