View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2007
Novicius

messypasta is flying high
Default Hi, please if you could help..

Hi guys, I kinda got to this thread while trying to find an answer to my downloading problems. Apparently, this dude has the same problems as me.

I used to download up to 90kbps, but usually bordered around 30-40kbps with 8 host(my max). For the past month or two, this speed has reduced dramatically, ranging from 0(most of the time), to 3 or 4kbps. As such, a download for a 5mb file which used to take me less than a minute, now takes me almost 40 mins.

There has been no changes to my ISP, nor my subscription plan, and I believe they're advertising surfing speeds of up to 12MBPS(http://www.starhub.com/online/maxonl...riceplan.html). If you do visit their site, i'm on the Premium plan).

"MaxOnline Premium at a monthly fee of $79.80 (w/GST) per month
Offering you download speeds of up to 12Mbps (12,000Kbps) and upload speeds of up to 384Kbps."

I really don't believe it to be a problem with my isp(unless of course they fiddled with the p2p speeds as mentioned earlier in this thread), neither have I made any drastic changes to my desktop setup(i'm on OSX btw).

Please, can someone help me???