View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2002
Unregistered

Unhappy resuming downloads is a pain!

I agree!

But I also can understand that there are resons behind this.

I also suffer with the restarting of download, with much time investment, when it should be almost complete.

I have a suggestion for the Limewire folks:

Please upgrade the "Download All" feature to examine the incomplete folder. If there is a match for the same final file size, with the same type of course, then use a prompt to as the user to continue downloading the data even if the name does not match.

What I have found is that the grouping works great. The files that are grouped together reflect the file I am trying to download. But when the actual download has started, slightly differences in file names, even a case difference, can cause Limewire to start a new download.

If this enhancement were to be added, additional download matches could be used to increase the download speed. Files could be shared more quickly. This effect would compound making more files available, as more people share, and thus the file would be accessible from even more people causing download speeds to increase even more.

In an ideal world, all the same files would be named identically. but it is clear on a diversified network that this will not happen. The file size seems to be the better key.

I hope the Limewire folks are listening!

Thnx,

wizkidd