View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2007
Novicius

lucidardor is flying high

Actually, Lord of the Rings, you are correct. In many countries sharing music, even software is not illegal due to copywrite regulations; however sharing copywrited material in most large countries is illegal (particularly in the US and the UK). You're also right about the spreading of virus's. That is also illegal in most major countries. So with that in mind, we shouldn't be blaming each other for getting virus's, and we certainly shouldn't be saying people deserve the virus's*—*especially when we don't even know what country they're in or their copywrite laws. This is an open source community, surely we can help each other out without being pricks to one another. ...and Tquin, sorry I don't know much about proxies... If you're on a mac, just change your firewall settings to allow port 8118 and to allow your filesharing program and I think you'll be good to go. That can be found in System Preferences under "sharing." If you're on a PC, I think you go to Control Panel and choose internet preferences. And I'm not 100% certain but I think you can set that up somewhere in there... ??? someone correct me if I'm wrong ??? And I don't know how to do it in linux, since I've never used a proxy. Hope that helps. Oh yeah...I tested clamwin's ability to scan downloads. I does not scan incoming files on Windows. ClamXav (mac) does; however. Good luck y'all!

Last edited by lucidardor; February 2nd, 2007 at 04:28 AM.