View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2007
Novicius

HippoMan is flying high
Default Changing default Phex previewer under Linux?

I'm a new Phex user (version 3.0.0.99), and I'm running it under Linux. It's working fine, but I want to change the default previewer from mplayer to something else.

I looked in Undocumented.htm, and it mentions the properties previewMethod and fallbackPreviewMethod. However, this document seems to be stating that these are properties that are to be set within phex.cfg, but the generic (non-Windows) version of Phex doesn't seem to make use of such a file.

I see phexCorePrefs.properties and phexGuiPrefs.properties in $HOME/.phex, but neither of these files contains properties whose names are of the same format as the two preview properties I have mentioned above.

Also, if I create a phex.cfg file in $HOME/.phex, the next time I start Phex, that cfg file gets deleted, my previously-saved system properties get set back to defaults, and the options wizard kicks in for me to re-initialize these properties.

So, how can I change the previewer in my version of Phex to run something other than mplayer?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HippoMan; February 4th, 2007 at 05:30 AM.