View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2002
Novicius

ne065 is flying high
Talking feature request

yes when you set the maximum amount of downloads it also effects the maxium users you can get the file from at once(swarm/multisource or whatever it was decided upon to call it.lol)

For example i have my maximum amount of downloads set to 1 as im on 56k.Well if i start to download a file with more than one source it will only download it from the single source instead of trying from them all until its completed.Now there is sorta a way around it if you manually start the other sources but if you lose connection to them then you would have to manually start them over again.What i would like to see is an option that allows 56k users to maybe download from the most of three users or four maybe to get one file and the other downloads remain queued.Maybe an option in the settings that sets how many users we would like to be able to swarm from(you know numerical,as in just as simple as "Number of users to swarm from:3")Then maybe have another option to set how many downloads we want at one time.I hope i havent been confusing as ive tried to be pretty clear.To sum it up i am looking for a feature to where if i set my Maximum downloads to 1 that it will swarm from more than just one user and keep the other downloads in the list queued.At this point if i set maximum downloads to 2 and then i start one download and it only has one source the next download in my queue will start automaticly.I dont want this.I would like to download only one file at a time until its finished and then move on(unless sources cannot be found of course)