View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2007
Apprentice

darren63964 is flying high
Default Gosh Im at my wits end here Error message " necessary file permission? "

Error:
Limewire was unable to write a necessary file because you do not have permissions. Your preferences may not be maintained the next time you start Limewire or Limewire may behave in unexpected ways.

I have been getting this message at Limewire startup and continue to redo my preferences . LIMEWIRESUPPORT HAS NOT EVEN ONCE HELPED ME IN A MONTH and Im not one for just rolling over and saying help me help me ... I have read alot over the last two weeks and feel I have tried everything . I have used as much of birdy's and others advice as possible 1 reinstalling the java like he instructed but everytime I find the folder that is suggested to delete {limewire} there are some several things in the folder that wont delete so I can not remove the folder. I found it pretty easy to find in application data . The limewire is not running . I feel like there is some other issue , but only a stupid person would say he couldnt be wrong. I have tried downloading all the different downloads there is offline older version , pro and even beta ...still a no go . By the looks of it Limewire is working its just soooo darn ennoying to fix preferences and messin with the silly error message. At this point Im all ears . I cant be the only one that has had this problem Oh just in case it matters I have done this all steps downloading setup ,to install and running program with no firewalls ,spy or virus protection. I running xp pro .....oh and yes Im at the point embrassing as it is I'am rolling over saying help me please someone help me help me LOL