View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2007
Apprentice

djcharlyc is flying high
Default Limewire PRO problem - takes over a minute to closedown

Hi Grandpa, as a new user I am unable to post a thread quite yet, however I'm experiencing a problem with LW and wondered if you may have any ideas.. Recently, (past month), when I start LW, it runs ok, connects ok, and downloads ok. The downloaded files are stored on a separate USB drive (300gb) (used about 70gb so far), and LW program is on drive C, my main drive, however when I fire LW up, the drive I store my files on goes into overdrive, to the point that while LW is running, any other files on the drive are very, very slow to respond (e.g. music files). I suspect a bug of some sort, however Mcafee, Norton, Lavasoft or Housecall (run all of them!) hasn't found anything, nor RegMech registry cleaner.
The reason I suspect a bug is that my drive never did this before (I've been using Limewire Pro for some time now). I've tried removing LW and re-installing, that didn't work, and because of the drive working overtime, LW takes over a minute to actually closedown from when I want it to. Sometimes I have to go to taskmanager to force it to close.
Any suggestions would be a help, and thanks in anticipation! Regards Charlyc