View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2007
Novicius

mld2665 is flying high

1. what OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX, Vista)
Windows XP

2. What firewalls you have ?
I have a Norton firewall and a XP firewall. I have the XP turned off. I have tried putting limewire on the permit list and also turning off all fire walls... nothing made a difference.

3. How much ram ?
I am ashamed to say that not only do I not know how to find how much ram I have, I really have no idea what it is.

4. Hard Disk space available ?
24.9 GB

5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ?
Cable

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers ?
I'm not exactly sure I know how to answer this question, I don't believe I have any kind of router, and if I know what you are talking about I think the brand name of my modem is Terayon, model number: TJ 715X

7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.) ?
YEA!! an easy one!!! Definitly at home, in a house.

8. What version,LimeWire & Java,Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.?
Limewire 4.12.11 and Jave 1.5.0_11

9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ?
This is kinda tough for me to answer as well, I get the internet through my cable company, I believe they use DATA NETWORK.

10. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ?
Your test worked!

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
No.

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.?
This is my very first time.

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ?
Well, if I enable the Norton firewall I do see the brick wall, eventhough I have permitted Limewire. If I disable all firewalls I do not. As I said before, enabling or disabiling the firewalls make no difference in my download speeds.

14. Have you given full permisions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ?
I think I answered that above.

15. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.?

Off.

Sorry about not being able to answer all questions, I'm not very computer savy. I would greatly apprieciate any suggestions to help speed up the process of downloading. On average its taking about 18 hours for one download and the speed never exceeds 1KB, I'm begining to get really frusterated!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!