View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2007
Apprentice

thecanopyguy is flying high
Default Questions, Questions

Hope everyone will stick with me as I ask dumb questions that have probably been answered many times before as I learn about Limewire and hopefully become a better member. My current library consists of about 19,500 songs and I have been using Lime wire for about a month now to fill in some missing titles in my collection.

1. When I start Limewire it will start downloading songs that were waiting for host when I ended the last session even before I connect. Is that normal?
2. When sharing files I see it says completed but the percentage bar may only be at 40 to 95 percent. Is that normal and can someone explain?
3. Some times it says transfer interrupted. Do I have something set wrong or are people just not finishing a download?
4. I have an older computer so I am sure it is slower than some. I notice sometimes people are uploading at 25 kbs and other times at only 6 kbs. Is that normal?
5. I use nod32 as my virus protection. Is that as good as any or is there a better one for checking music files?
6. The firewall symbol is showing but I am able to download and other people are able up load. Should I be concerned that it is there?