View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2007
Enthusiast

nowshining is flying high

it also depends on who you download from - example I use a modem and if there are ten hosts it was downloading from (odd because i can only download from 2 at a time) and they are all dialup users, your download is going to go slow.. my guess tho, you were connected to 2 dialup hosts or hosts who were extremely busy and or didn't set the uploads slots and bandwidth just right. Us dialup users can only upload at 1 - 2k a second which is slow, plus that i have my uploads and downloads at 2.52kbps each with about 1kbps for everything else and sometimes when surfing it takes some more bandwidth and then i see 0kbps uploading, however once is still uploading from me, also some hosts don't connect well to me and or it takes a bit longer to go from 0 to 1kbps, esp. on large files i've downloaded as i am getting the hash thing and getting synced with a ton of other people downloading the files from others oh and i have 2 slots open (1kbps for each) and only 1 upload per person... once i do get higher speed i will open up more slots..

Bug again, it all depends on who you are downloading from and since you cannot see who you are downloading from at the moment or so and cannot see their bandwidth then your at a loss and has to guess oh and many people lie about their bandwidth and say they have more than they actually have..

Example: some modem cable/dsl users could say they were T1 or T3 when they are not..