View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2007
Novicius

Renee47 is flying high
Default I can't delete a downloaded movie clip file - please help!

I have been attacking this issue for the better part of 24 hours, so if the answer is already here, forgive me if I don't have the patience right now to search for it, and I hope someone can help me ASAP!

I downloaded what I thought was a video but what noiw looks like a "movie clip". I immediately tried to delete it after it was downloaded, but I can't. I have tried everything: Click once to highlight, then there are several ways I should be able to delete (from file menu, right click, select delete, left side menu "delete", select all, delete) but none ofd these worked. When I right click on file, I only get a partial drop down menu and the delete part is not included. I checked my virus scan and ran 2 other spyware programs - I had no viruses, and cleaned up spyware, still, I can't delete the file. I did 2 system restore - still didn't take this file away! I called my antivirus people - they checked for hacker and found nothing and had no other help - there is no virus problem. I tried created a new folder ands tried to move it to new folder, hoping I can delete from there - can't move the file.

When I highlight and view properties from file menu, the box says file size is 0 bytes. When I ran a search to see if it is in other areas, it only came up in the one area that I know it's in, and the file size there says almost 10,000 kb. I tried to delete it from that search method - couldn't.

For now it doesn't seem to be causing any problems, but I can't delete it and that can't be a good thing - I'm afraid there could be a problem soon. For a while, I was getting a notice from my virus company (PC-Cillian, which I love) saying something was trying receive information from the internet through a "listening socket" - maybe it was spyware that got deleted, because I don't get that message now, but I wonder if that came from this file, and what else could be coming.

I even removed Limeware program, hoping that file would go away or at least be deletable, but that didn't work. I cannot find it "in use" anywhere - it never played anything, even at first download.

I'm at a loss of what to do to remove this file. Please help!!!

Thank you,
Renee47