View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2007
Novicius

Redrubicon is flying high
Default Another Possible Scam Site

Sorry for being a newby but I had to do something to express my disatisifaction at a site www-live-wire.com which proports to offer "The Largest P2P Network" which I duly enrolled under the assumption is was 26.88 GBP, then I got the bill:

Welcome to the worlds greatest file sharing software website on the internet!

Please print out this page for your records.

Billing information
Membership type:Lifetime Full Unlimited Access for a total of 26.88 £ GBP
Download Protection - Download new releases and updates for a total of 11.88 £ GBP
Pro Version for a total of 8.97 £ GBP
NetSpyProtector Option - Protect yourself from malware for a total of 14.88 £ GBP

Grand total: 62.61 £ GBP

I immediately asked for my money back as the software was for Windows and I run a Mac. Here is my email battle, sadly I did not get back my full wedge bu hey, 7.50 is a relatively sheap lesson learnt.

Lyudmila P 5/29/2007 11:24:04 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email. Your account has been credited in the amount of 55.11 GBP. You can check up your account on the www.marketbill.com

Please allow 10-15 days before the funds appear in your account. If you have any further questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Your Customer Service Team

Mike 5/29/2007 11:04:36 AM
OK, I will take up the 7.50 with my CC Company. Thx for you response, I will await your confirmation and I hope you wont mind if I post all my correspondence on the www.gnutellaforums.com.

Rgds

MK

Dmitriy A 5/29/2007 10:57:44 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email. We apologize if this membership did not fulfill your expectations.

We have processed the refund in the amount of 55,11 GBP in accordance with the 7 day refund policy. This includes the non-refundable 7.50 GBP fee that is kept to cover the costs of processing and handling.

Please allow normal banking delays of 10 to 15 days before the funds appear on your account. You will also receive a confirmation email in the next 24 hours regarding this transaction

Sincerely,

Mike 5/29/2007 9:36:41 AM
I did not find anything useful in what you have and your advertising is very very misleading - please refund all my money (62.61 GBP) as you did not provide any written evidence of the 7.50 GBP fee in any order corresponce or on your website. In fact I did not even get the opportunity to review what I was committing to in the first place.

I am now informing my CC Company that I am disputing this payment and I will be informing Du & Estislat, the only two IPS in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to investigate your site, which may mean they block access for the whole of the UAE.

Again, please refund me in full.

MK

Olena D 5/29/2007 7:31:34 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email. According to the Terms and Conditions proposed to you during the procedure of subscription, you are eligible for a refund of the unused portion of your membership minus a 7.50GBP fee which we keep to cover the costs of processing and handling. We have a strict NO-REFUND policy after your 7 day satisfaction guarantee. Under no circumstances will we offer a refund for any products past this period. The amount that is billed to your credit card is a one-time flat fee. This means that you will never be billed again. The offer of a one-time, promotional 25 GBP Lifetime membership is still available. Please respond so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.

Sincerely,

Mike 5/29/2007 7:27:04 AM
I would like to close my account and have my money refunded in full (62.61 GBP) as I cannot find anywhere a statement of the 7.50 GBP non-refundable set up charge in fact your site says:

Can I cancel my membership?
Absolutely, if you ever become dissatisfied you may cancel at any time during the
course of your membership without any further obligations.

I have already informed my Credit Card Company that I will dispute any charges set against CSDetails.com.

So please refund my money in full and I will go away happy.

Regards,

MK

Olena D 5/29/2007 9:19:40 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email. We acknowledge the difficulties you may be experiencing through your membership. We are confident that we can resolve any technical issues. Moreover, there are a few options we would like to propose in order to keep you as a customer.

1) We can change your package to our 20 GBP promotional Lifetime Membership. Your account would be credited within 5 - 10 business days, and you would continue to have access to our exclusive Members Area.

2) We can offer you Limewire, the greatest file downloading software compatible with MAC that is superior to WinMX, Bear Share, Morpheus, Ares, eDonkey, etc. This program gives you the capability to locate millions of downloadable video and audio files. Within Limewire, there are options to filter searches by AUDIO, VIDEO, DOCUMENTS, IMAGES, and PROGRAMS. You may use the search option that best matches your desired search.

3) We can adjust your account type at no additional cost so that you can transfer audio and video files directly to your ipod or mp3 player. We can also provide CD and DVD burning software.

4) We can offer you a downloading program called Bittorrent which specializes in bulk file downloading. Bittorrent can be used to download audio, video, and program files 1GB+ in size that are updated on a daily basis.

Otherwise you are entitled to the refund in the amount of 55,11 GBP in accordance with the 7 day refund policy. This includes the non-refundable 7.50 GBP fee that is kept to cover the costs of processing and handling.

If there is anything else we can do in order to keep you as a member, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will gladly consider it as an option.

At this moment no changes are being made to your account. Please respond so that we can adjust your account accordingly.

Sincerely,

Mike 5/29/2007 7:51:00 AM
The fact that you have no service (for MAC users) other than to point to software that is free does not offer any benefit to me as a user - the site implies you can download unlimited music for your one off charge but in fact all this is a site that points to other sites - this is not in anyway what I signed up for and thus this is irrespective of your terms. Plus, I do not remember reading about the 7.50 in any terms that I read - also, you cannot access the terms anywhere on your site so it is impossible to know what you will charge and for what. I was not sent them with the bill either or had any opportunity to review prior to you deducting the 62.61.

Again, please credit my card the full refund of 62.61GPB and I will take no further action.

Regards

MK

Olena D 5/29/2007 7:31:34 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email. According to the Terms and Conditions proposed to you during the procedure of subscription, you are eligible for a refund of the unused portion of your membership minus a 7.50GBP fee which we keep to cover the costs of processing and handling. We have a strict NO-REFUND policy after your 7 day satisfaction guarantee. Under no circumstances will we offer a refund for any products past this period. The amount that is billed to your credit card is a one-time flat fee. This means that you will never be billed again. The offer of a one-time, promotional 25 GBP Lifetime membership is still available. Please respond so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.

Sincerely,

Mike 5/29/2007 7:27:04 AM
I would like to close my account and have my money refunded in full (62.61 GBP) as I cannot find anywhere a statement of the 7.50 GBP non-refundable set up charge in fact your site says:

Can I cancel my membership?
Absolutely, if you ever become dissatisfied you may cancel at any time during the
course of your membership without any further obligations.

I have already informed my Credit Card Company that I will dispute any charges set against CSDetails.com.

So please refund my money in full and I will go away happy.

Regards,

MK

Valeriya S 5/29/2007 4:36:06 AM
Dear Customer,
Thank you for the email. We apologize if you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase. In order to better understand your recent experience, please provide us with the following details:
1. Was there and error in your billing?
2. Were you able to download the featured program?
3. What is your operating system (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2000, Mac)?
4. What is your Internet type (high speed, cable, DSL, dial-up, wireless)?
5. Do you have any antivirus/firewall protection (Norton, McAfee, Zone-alarm, AOL)? If you do not know what protection you have, please tell us what icons you have to the left of the time/clock, located on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Place your mouse over each icon, and the name of the program will appear.
6. Have you received any errors or messages during the installation, or while running the program?
Please reply thoroughly to these questions so that we can get you started with the programs and services.
Sincerely,

Mike 5/29/2007 4:26:50 AM
Please cancel my order for 62.61 GBP - you have no sofwtare or service of any value to me. Please refund my card ASAP.

MK

Julia K 5/29/2007 4:13:49 AM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for the email. We acknowledge your concern regarding the total billing of your account.

The Pro Version Codec Pack gives you access to higher quality content and more search results. Besides, the NetSpy Protector is very useful for protecting your computer against Adware and Malware attacks and increases your downloading speed. These are the programs that can be purchased in stores for about 35 GBP each. Our supervisor is well aware of this issue and we would like to take this opportunity to offer you the Pro Version and NetSpy Protector together for a total amount of 10GBP.

With the Pro Version Codec Pack AND NetSpy Protector , we can adjust your account type at no additional cost so that you can receive our services to transfer audio and video files directly to your ipod or mp3 player. We provide CD burning software to our customers and support for those customers without mp3 players.

If you choose to accept this offer, you will have the Pro Version Codec pack and NetSpy Protector, and the difference will be credited back.

Please let us know if this is an acceptable offer.

Sincerely,

Mike 5/29/2007 2:32:06 AM
I purchased access to your service at what I thought was a flat fee of 26.88GBP and got charged 62.61 GBP for things I did not agree to and are of no use as I run an Apple MAC and these are MS Windows apps.

I am also not sure what I paid for as I use Limewire which does not seem use my account details - can you please explain what service you are providing.

Regards,

MK