View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2007
Novicius

Renee47 is flying high

^^^ Reboot, as in re-start? Or is reboot more involved? I have re-started many times during the process of trying everything. I haven't tried the program the first reply here said yet, but I will. When I did an internet search for answers to this problem, I found a few suggestions for programs to try - I think killbox was one. I tied a couple and they didn't work either.

I recently tried to download that same file again, hoping that if the first download wasn't complete that that is what was causing the problem. I found the same file, downloaded to overwrite the first one, still nothing changed - I can't delete it, move it, rename it, no matter what I try.

I am now getting a strange message when my virus scan tries to scan. The pop-up box says it was not able to do a successful scan (or something like that) and when I click "ok" to close the box, it won't close. When I click on the "x", it won't close. I have to ctrl, alt, delete to close that pop-up box and the whole virsus scan program. That's happened twice so far since this bad file was downloaded, and it never happened before.

I have not done the disk clean up or defrag either. I will try them, but after eveything I've tried, I have little hope a disk clean up working.

I do hope others have suggestions. Thank You!