1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) - OSX 10.3.9
2. What firewalls you have? - OSX (disabled)
3. How much ram? - 512
4. Hard Disk space available? - 60GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? - Thomson Speedtouch USB ADSL PPP
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? - House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. - Limewire 4.12.11 Java 1.4.2
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Homecall (Pipex)
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/
The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? - It Worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. - no
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. - new problem
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? - yes http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? - both
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall - none
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). - Scotland
This wont be much help, but here goes.
Homecall and Pipex are the same company. Not sure if they're owned by Tiscali or not. They say that they do not block ports but use traffic management in peak hours coz people are abusing fair use policy. ie using P2P programs. I dont know how they do it, unless there's something in the modem that can tell them when you are on Limewire. I've tried every remedy suggested here and on Apple's forums but nothing works. Now I'm stuck with these f@nnies for 11 months!!
- I've got mates on Tiscali who have no problems with Limewire, Bit Torrents etc.
- I've got a (supposedly slow) 512kbs broadband connection at work with a different ISP which works perfectly with P2P and is faster than my 8Mb Homecall!
End of rant.