View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2007
Novicius

beaneyedcat is flying high
Unhappy Thanks--but its not the junk- its the lack of legit

Thanks much for the reply, I actually have read this and several other forum quest & answ.sessions... but ...

I know how to get rid of the junk, I have keyword and host filters on, I block hosts & recognize fakes....Its just now when I block the fakes & spam hardly any legit files show up to replace it.

I also know how to do diff. combos & strategies for searches ---and it worked great before, I was able to find tons of stuff for relatively popular "alternative" music, even halfway obscure bands/artists...

Now...for ex. last night I did various searches for REM with/without Murmer specified , and with spam/junk blocked 2 legit songs came up in results,neither from the album ....I switched out hosts sereval times too... I mean come on, thats ridiculous?? and even artists who do bring up a fair number have like 5 songs with more than 1 host to download from.

maybe its the whole leaf /ultrapeer thing, maybe I did the bulk of my former searches before they changed things- restricted or annexed connections or whatever. All I know is I cant find half of my old music and its making me sad.
Oh, ARCHER PREWITT I HARDLY KNEW YA.

Thanks for looking out

beaneyedcat