View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2007
Disciple

lengoldstein is flying high
Default Wiggly line at bottom of screen

"i have nero 6, and find it leaves a wiggly line on bottom of screen on movies i burn"--townie2

townie2, yours is the only message I've found describing the same problem I had. In my case I'd call it more like fluctuating streaks or smears, a little like flickering flames, sometimes greenish, which would follow scrolling credits up the screen but usually stayed near the bottom. dvdSanta did eliminate the problem, but it's not as flexible for my purposes as Nero. If that's what you've got, here's what I did to eliminate the streaks but still use Nero:

I found that the streaks appeared (for me) only in a very specific set of circumstances, when I had used VirtualDub to process an AVI file and had cropped the top or bottom of the picture, and then encoded the video using the XviD codec. I found that the problem entirely disappeared when I used the 3ivx codec instead (<www.3ivx.com>). 3ivx's one restriction is that the picture height and width must both be even numbers--it won't encode a setting of 720x405, but 720x404 is fine. If you can live with that, I recommend you give 3ivx a try before giving up on Nero. Good luck!