View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2002
Novicius

MickyFinn is flying high

Hmmm...

Let me get this straight. In the space of a few hours, you fall for a net scam and pay 11 bucks for a free client to a free service, you apparently completely fail to negotiate the PayPal interface, which is used to make nearly a quarter million payments every day and has been successfully used to create 14 million current accounts, you still don't have a copy of morpheus and you flame this public forum? Having identified yourself as preternaturally susceptible to an obvious con, you then proceed to supply your name, mailing address and email (not surprisingly @aol) address?

A few observations:

PayPal is a legitimate online payment service with the backing of (to name just two) Nokia and DeutschesBanc--not exactly lightweights in the areas of Banking and telecommunications security. Their operation has been checked out by several states, the SEC, and the FDIC without negative comment. They have launched a successful IPO which has drawn every scumbag ambulance chasing lawyer (the 6 in your family were apparently not paying attention) in the United States to try to extract money from a popular, useful and thriving internet service. They are defending against this vigorously and, from initial indications, successfully.

PayPal works just fine.

Gnutella also, works just fine. Has for many, many moons. It's free (as in $0.00).

Morpheus, too, works just fine (except for that thing a couple weeks back). It's also *FREE*.

This thread/forum is *about* Morpheus/Gnutella. It is a public venue unrelated to the actual company which distributes Morpheus client and no one here bears responsibility for Morpheus.

You have apparently shotgunned through the past few days without managing to understand any of these.

Which all leads me to a single, unavoidable conclusion: you're too stupid for P2P and you pose a significant threat to yourself and others if equipped with a broadband connection. I know several good, very bright people in Savannah, so I am left wondering if you somehow migrated there from either Palm Beach or Broward County, Fla.

Micky

Last edited by MickyFinn; March 16th, 2002 at 12:00 PM.