View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2007
Novicius

DutchBoy is flying high
Lightbulb all kinds of stuff

-OK I don't really know where this thread belongs so move it if you'd like.-

Hi evryone, I've been using bearshare for a few years now and it has always done its job quite well. Fantastic download speeds and all the files I need. But lately there is some stuff that has come to my attention that I can't explain.

1. When I start a download and it's not super popular, the shares will run out at some point. When I search the same string for that file again, more seeds will become available! This does not happen when I click on the download option: Find more sources.
2. I search for a file, let's say its an episode of [Edit]. I type in: [Edit] and I start a search for [Edit] (episode 8 of season 1). Sometimes it won't find any shares (even after serching again 5 times), then ill search for just [Edit] and there it is! Only after I searched with a 'less-specific' string it will only then find the file I want.
3. Sometimes when none of the above give me enough active hosts, I restart Bearshare and the d/lspeed will occasionally rise to 6x the speed.

How is this explained and is there a way bearshare automatically keeps searching for new hosts? And then maybe delete inactive of offline hosts from my download list?

╒════════════ ILLEGAL ACTIVITY ════════════╕

Edited to comply with the House Rules.
Warez, copyright violation, or any other illegal activity may NOT be linked or expressed in any form.

Last edited by ursula; October 8th, 2007 at 04:53 AM.