View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2008
Novicius

kruelkad is flying high

GregorK:
Quote:
The age of your computer should not matter much, you could configure Phex to run with low resources in 'leaf' mode. The only thing that might be a little low is memory. Java likes to eat memory! But I guess Phex should stay below 70-80MB if you don't challenge it to much.

Sometime there can be problems when there are multiple Java version installed on the same system, so you can try to uninstall all Java versions through "Add/Remove Programs" and do a clean install. Java is not very invasive on your system, so there shouldn't be any trouble with uninstall artifacts.
Yep, it certainly does seem like something about Java, memory, stuff like that. Which is good in a way because if I can somehow solve the underlying faulty-Java issue, then there is every chance I'll be able to use Phex normally. There was some sort of Java messup on my computer a while ago I seem to recall, and maybe some remnants of that continue to interfere with later java installs/reinstalls and Phex is extra sensitive to that.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, I suppose I'll give Phex another try after a complete system cleanup at a later date.