View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2008
Novicius

Cyn222 is flying high
Exclamation Thank you...

Quote:
However, the massive and exact same number of hits on every file within a few minutes is NEW, and I strongly suspect is coming from companies hired by the record & movie industry, not your ISP. The various industry associations have been fighting a serious protracted battle against p2p for years, and this is likely the latest in a barrage of weapons they use, from salting sharing apps with tons of fake files, to attempting to fiddle with your Internet port.

My guess above may be wrong, but in two recent posts have asked for response and guidance from monitors or senior members. I did not get a single reply to either post from all the people who keep LW as good a p2p app as is possible. Perhaps they know there is no known defense against this, so don't bother to reply. Or, like Social Security, it is part of the 'third rail' of the p2p world, and they are reluctant to reply to anything that involves the extremely important battle to keep the Internet free of controls like these, that completely undermine the prime principle of this wonderful tool of communication.
Hi Caseybob, thanks so much for responding, I'm really quite lost when it comes to this sort of thing and was pretty freaked out. I've got over 3000 hits on each shared song now, with a grand total of 6 uploads. Do you think all these hits may somehow stop or at least hinder people who are actually searching from finding a way to do so? Only 6 uploads seems very odd.

Anyway, I do thank you...I didn't have a clue what was going on, "sort of freaked out" was an understatement and your explanation of 'Bandwidth Throttling', as well as what you think it might be happening really did help. I honestly thought I had some new type of virus or something.

So, we'll trundle along together...and hopefully somebody might have an answer.

But, you really did help (my heart rate is almost back to normal) so, again... thank you!

P.S. to birdy, I just saw your post as I was about to hit send. Seriously, it's just bang, bang, bang, right after the other, the hits don't stop. Since I started this post, I'm past the 4000 hits per song mark now, heading fast to 5000....still with only 6 uploads. My DL's are fine, but I think I will try getting rid of this version just to see what happens. (4.16.6 right now)

Thanks you for the link...I'll try asking over there.

caseybob, if you hear anything, could you message me please...or post here? I'll do the same. I keep getting lost on this board (damn newbie) *wink* but have this forum bookmarked.