View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2008
Novicius

carol51 is flying high
Default Malwarebytes Download

Thanks once again Ursula,
As a result of this virus I keep getting a pop up msg that LOOKS like it's from Windows (a phone call to Microsoft confirmed that it wasn't) it keeps telling me to go to some site at wwwregfixitcom. When I did this it tried to download some Error Smart program that (you guessed it )it wants you to buy. I ran the Malware prog and it confirmed that this is the virus and it had got into 4 files, none of whch it had seemed to damage. I have quarantined them but still get the pop up thing. My great ISP with such a fantastic reputation throughout Aust have not answered their tech support all night, just as well youtold me about the malware as when I downloaded the ISP "security" it didn't work. Yes, I am being ripped off (altho I only pay $9.95 a month) which is why I am changing ISPs. However I am concerned that this pop up keeps appearing which means the virus is still there. It's saying it's "a critical error message - registry damaged and corrupted" and directing me to the abovementioned site. Thanks once again for all your help but how the hell do I get rid of this thing?
regards,
Carol