Thread: Music Videos
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2008
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

scratch that advice about the ffdshow stuff....scratches head....I had some weird issues a while back with no sound on video burns and I had noticed the ffdshow icon floating around...uninstall of the klite pac fixed that...viola, sound!....was just noticing some problems with 'type' of sound...thought about it and figured it was because of surround sound being encoded which resulted in words barely able to be heard, but music and effects being quite clear...sooooo, I installed the codec pac again and noticed (to my chagrin) that ffdshow is pretty much integrated into the pac...what I did different though was to use the basic codec pac instead of the full, and simply chose the default install with no player....that seems to work fine with Nero7 and am burning a flick right now...since Nero7 previews the file before you start the transcode/burn process I am quite sure it will turn out as it should...excellent video (since I went for a 2 disc version of the flick) and sound as it should be...I'm pretty sure its a required filter in the codec pac that 'corrects' the sound issues I was noticing...

you mention startsmart didn't work....hmmmm...do you have a codec pac of any type installed?

you also haven't mentioned the format of the files....mpg or .avi....

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This