View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2008
Novicius

Renee47 is flying high

You said you look in the "Library" tab at "saved files". I un-installed Limewaire a few months ago, so i can't go to the site to look at the path more specific, but I don't recall the offensive file being in a saved folder.

If I recall, when I opened the Library tab, I saw a long list of everything.

I will advise looking in the library under all files that you can, and looking for anything that appears to be still downloading. the offending file - look specifically for that file. if it was downloaded completely or partially, it will be there. look for it and delete it, no matter the status of it (still donwloading or not, just find it and delete it.) If you downloaded it from Limewire, it should be listed there - find it and delte it. if you don'tr find it in one area, search in another area, because it should be found somewhere there. Delete it when you find it.

If you get frustrated (and I know how that can be!), close it, calm down, come back the next day and start all over again with the search for that file. Nothing gets done effectively when one is frustrated, so when that point comes, stop. You won't be productive anyway, and you'll just be more miserable. Then try again later.

That worked for me, and it really sounds like it could work for you too. if you found it in the Limewire library anbd deleted it, if it's still somewhere on else on your computer, you'll be able to delete it now.

Good luck, and keep me posted!

Edit: I was able to respond somewhat quickly because I chose to get an email when there is a response in a thread that I have posted in, and I happened to check my email rather shortly after your post, I guess! Now, I'm checking a little more often to catch other responses.

Last edited by Renee47; September 9th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.