View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2008
Apprentice

moln is flying high
Default gnucleus connect

Having run Gnucleus since almost its inception on platforms from 486 to win 2k it is of the deepest regret that I have to finally give up. On my current win 2k computer Gnucleus will not - not - connect under any circumstances. This, as in so many things in America today, is as though an oldest friend has passed away. Frostwire lights right off right from install, but who wants Frostwire? No offense to Frostwire, but Gnuleus is straightforward, simple to operate and a very calm GUI. The only thing is, Frostwire works and Gnuleus does not. I have tried the advice in every sticky, every thread and every download. I have tried every fix I can imagine from the norm to totally bizarre. Nothing works. I really wish that Gnuleus programmers would concentrate at least a little attention on something as basic as connecting to the net, but prehaps the esoteric is more important. I don't know. All I know is one of my oldest friends from ther old - some might say real - computer world is gone. How truly sad. Truly sad.
What a drag.