View Single Post
Old December 25th, 2008
Apprentice

Amaya is flying high
Default "Shareaza has detected that you are behind a NAT router or firewall..."

Hi,

I cannot get rid of the above message when I start Shareaza.

I am running Windows VISTA. I have turned off Windows Firewall, and turned off the Norton firewall trial version that came with the computer.

When I run the Shareaza Connection Test, it fails with this message: "TCP: The TCP connection has been refused, the port is closed." and "UDP: No answer has been received from your client."

I have setup a static IP on my computer and setup port forwarding on my Linksys wireless router for the default Shareaza port 6346. I also tried changing the Shareaza port to a higher number (16346) and setting up port forwarding again for this port.

Shareaza DOES connect to G1, G2, and eDonkey, but whenever I try to download something it just gets stuck in "pending" status. This occurred even for something that had 647 sources.

My ISP is Earthlink. I do not believe that I had this problem before I started using wireless, although I am not 100% sure. I do know that I was able to download through Shareaza when I was connected directly to DSL, but I am not sure if I had the "firewall" message before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.